Monday, January 21, 2013

weekend misc.

I know I am not the only one who sits down on a Sunday night wondering where the weekend went.
Where did the weekend go? I feel like it was busy. Today is Monday.
I want another day with my family.

We spent more time than we planned at Lowe's on Saturday morning. We dread telling the kids we have to stop at one of the big hardware stores. I am certain they have the stores memorized.
One morning after I dropped my daughter off at school, I broke the news to my four-year-old. He started to cry and said, "I don't love Lowe's."

Are we the only ones who divide and conquer? You go get the 1x2's and I will put in the paint order.
Meet back in lighting so I can convince you we need to change another light fixture.

We got so close to finishing my closet this weekend, but we took many breaks to referee games of Scrabble (best game ever), to play outside and to make Dad's chili. I also popped into a favorite antique shop.

No school today, but it's quiet. I love pajama days with the kids.
The drywallers finished up this morning and it has been snowing for a few hours. Why is it so quiet when it snows? I stand in front of the window watching and listening. Like the kids, I don't want to miss one flake.
If you look away, those perfect, graceful swirls of snow may not be falling anymore.


*****

 

2 comments :

  1. First of all, I would like to know the outcome of Scrabble! Was Lloyd's chili a success?! You purchased some Easter decor, and is that a stool? No school in Portage today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, Scrabble is always a tie! I actually made the chili - it's Dad's (my Dad's) recipe.

    ReplyDelete