Tuesday, January 8, 2013

a plan for the boys' room

1. Knock down wall to combine third and fourth bedrooms into one room.
The fourth bedroom was only accessible through what appeared to be doors to a closet in the master bedroom. Now they will be doors to a closet!
2. Frame out closet for me.
I am living out of a suitcase that I packed before we moved last July.
3. Drywall ceiling. It was covered with fun, acoustic tile.
4. Electrical rough-in. We had help for this part.
5. Steam and scrape off wallpaper.
Phew, we made it to step six.
6. Tape, mud and texture ceiling and skim coat walls. The drywall guy will be here this week!
 7. Vacuum a lot. I hear step six will be dusty.
8. Complete electrical, paint, finish work (baseboards, picture rail, repair built-in beds).
9. Decorate! Replace windows.

- standing in middle of master looking into fourth bedroom -
- standing in doorway of third bedroom -




- wall we knocked down - photo above is what is on the opposite side -
I have additional pictures I will post, but I have to figure out iCloud and sift through 1,500 photos to find those I took of demo day and after demo day. Plus, I can show you current progress in the room.
It's coming along!


1 comment :

  1. You guys are really moving right along with the boys' room renovation! Would love to see some of your paint/wallpaper ideas for their bedroom and perhaps the upstairs landing at some point!

    ReplyDelete