Monday, January 7, 2013

wallpaper

The weekend was spent steaming three layers of wallpaper off the boys' room walls.
The bottom layer had gold and white stripes with a date stamp of 1917!
The middle layer was white with a gaudy, green and teal flower pattern. The top layer had tiny, friendly flowers, which is what I always picture when I think of wallpaper.

 

The grasscloth wallpaper, circa 1965ish, had to go as well. It was gross and only on half of a wall after the demolition. Yep, we did demo! We even had a roll-off.
I felt like such an official renovator!
I should clarify that my hubby did all of the steaming. He did most of the demolition too.
He is a pretty nice guy.


I am not opposed to all wallpaper. We may put wallpaper in the pantry area of the kitchen and the water closet (I just like saying that) on the main floor.
The paper I like is from Graham & Brown. Check them out.

p.s.  If you have wallpaper that must go, use one of these. It is easier.
Also, if you were wondering, wallpaper was invented in the 15th century. Back in the day it was hand-painted or stenciled. I Googled it.

1 comment :