Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas at the old house


We moved to a new city, into the old house, only five months ago. I have moved many times before, but this time hurt. I carry around a pit in my stomach everyday.
I ache to go back to our warm and sunny home.
I want to feel the sun stinging my bare shoulders.
For now we are here, and we are trying to make it work. Part of our commitment with this move, was to live in and improve an old house.
I think we did improve the old house for the Christmas season. Vintage decor, lots of sparkling cinnamon candles, holiday happy hour for the neighbors, an eight-hour baking day with the kids and Christmas music playing until we (not even the kids) couldn't stand it anymore.
I think the old house improved Christmas for us this year, too.
Have you heard Barenaked Ladies version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen? It is amazing.


 





My vintage stuff looked great in the old house. Some is not old, like the centerpiece.
You can find the cute trees and penguin here.


1 comment :

  1. Lori, your vintage decor looked absolutely wonderful in your new old home!!

    ReplyDelete