Tuesday, January 15, 2013

update and mini makeover

Well, the drywall team is here and they make it look so easy.
This empty room means we are all sharing our spaces and the upstairs hall is filled with books, toys and stuffed animals. Luckily the upstairs bathroom (the one bathroom we all share- sigh) is huge so it now accommodates the changing table and stacks of the boys' clothes. It's not stressful at all.
I think it will be easier to paint before we move the boys back into their room, so we will start the minute the drywall work is done. I guess I need to get serious about colors. Any ideas?
  
* * * * *

We squeezed in a small makeover project this weekend.
Eventually, the fireplace will get a big makeover, but until then we spruced him up a little.
I primed and painted the red brick, and we (my hubby) installed new fireplace doors.
Aren't they awesome! The grill pattern matches the windows and no more draft!
The best deal on the doors was on Amazon. Just Google Pleasant Hearth and you will find your perfect size, style and finish. Installation is easy, says hubby. We watched this YouTube video.

- BEFORE -
- AFTER -
I hope the old house is feeling some love.




1 comment :