Friday, January 4, 2013

38 to go

The new windows are great.
I have to be honest, I wanted to run outside and scream at the installers to stop.
Please don't rip out our lovely, old, original windows. (this would've been in slow motion)
I felt like the old house was in pain, having a part of it hammered and pried out.

I think one of the installers noticed how upset I was with the process.
He took extra care removing the old windows. There are stores, he said, that will buy them so those purists can restore them for their old houses. Otherwise, they will dispose of them for us.
pshh - we kept them.

The installers let us hover and take notes, knowing we want to try to install the next windows ourselves. 
I think the old house is happy now. It is warm and cozy next to the four new windows.
38 to go. And next time, we will do the hammering and prying.

p.s.  thank you Lowe's for helping us with the windows, installation and for
providing excellent customer service.

No comments :

Post a Comment