Wednesday, April 3, 2013

vintage wireware

My friend, Kylie, emailed me some photos last night.
She decided to put her dishtowels on display, too. I love the basket. Apparently, she also had a terrarium day last week. I think it was the same day as mine. I love it when stuff like that happens.

Here are her photos-

* * * * *

You all know I love antiquing.
I am working on a post that will show you how I incorporate my finds into my decor and everyday use in the old house. Vintage wireware is something I am always looking out for, and usually I cannot resist if I find something cute, or reasonably priced, or unique...

Most wireware can be used practically. I think this is because most pieces are baskets. Baskets are useful and versatile, and they can be incorporated into any design style. Everyone can use another basket.

Here are a few ways I use vintage wireware in the old house-

- a friend gave me this tiered office basket - we use it for mail -
- i purchased this vintage grocery basket a long time ago - pictured here -

- vintage egg gathering basket -
- not sure what these two were originally intended for -
- my recent purchase - i was going to use it for a plant, but it's cute with a jar -

* * * * *
in the details:
let me know if you have questions about anything you see in the photos
check out this website for terrarium ideas and inspiration


2 comments :

  1. If you don't use the turquoise one we found last summer in Minnesota, I'd gladly take it off your hands! :) Seriously though, I'd love one like that - so if you ever find one while antiquing, please buy it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use it in the upstairs bathroom for towels. I will look for one for you!

    ReplyDelete