Wednesday, March 20, 2013

dishtowel love

I had many confessions in my posts about house plants.
They would be the same here. The way to this woman's heart:  dishtowels. Just substitute the word dishtowels for house plant-  Confession:  I have more dishtowels than I can count.
Confession:  I feel like I need many more dishtowels. Confession:  It does not seem excessive to me.
And, yes, I sneak them into the old house and hope that hubby does not notice.

- a sampling of those currently in rotation -

* * * * *

While in AZ, I visited my favorite shops with a few things on my list-  new jeans, wall art and dishtowels.
The new city does not have good dishtowel stores. Anthropologie and Crate&Barrel are the best,
and I knew I would find what I was looking for.

You see, I have this door in the little eat-in space in the kitchen. The door has a window (and no, this window is not counted in our 42 windows). There are also three large windows in this space and it's always bright, almost like a sun room. The window sills are filled with plants and we have enough privacy,
but the door needed something. It was the perfect candidate for dishtowel curtains.

- it will be so nice to keep the door open this spring -
 

* * * * *

This is a fun and inexpensive way (total cost about $30) to add character to your kitchen or perhaps another room in your house. Here are some more dishtowel curtain ideas I like:

- mismatched - found it here -
- privacy with a view! - found it here -

in the details:
oil-rubbed bronze cafe rod and curtain clips - Lowe's, click here
colorful bird dishtowels - Anthropologie, click here

* * * * *

1 comment :