Tuesday, March 26, 2013

weekend: sunday

We were too burnt out on Sunday to tackle a project.
Hubby knew I needed a few hours away. It is hard for me when hubby travels, especially when it's a full week. Managing three children and all of their activities and shenanigans is hard work when you are by yourself.

I heard about a local antique fair happening on Sunday, so this was the perfect opportunity for me to recharge. A friend went with me, so that was even better. I met this friend last fall. She was at a girls night gathering I was invited to by the first two moms I met in the new city. These two moms have embraced me from day one, but you still have to be brave when walking into a group of gals you do not know.

Trying to make new friends is this weird and hard thing. You tell your story, but not too detailed.
You ask the other person questions about their life and try to figure out what you might have in common.
You wonder if this person will be a good friend.
If you're in survival mode, like I was and maybe still am, you try not to cry.

This friend is easy to talk to about silly and serious stuff. I remember meeting her and her children for a few park play dates (when it was still warm... five months ago). I remember thinking, I want to be her friend.
I certainly have met some great gals and I feel like and hope friendships are forming.
I guess things happen in life and in friendship if they are supposed to, and you have to trust that.

I am thankful for new friendships. And hooray! I found someone that likes to frequent antique fairs, too.

* * * * *

 
- my finds from sunday -

* * * * *

3 comments :

  1. Will your vintage Ball jar fit in the carrier? Love the cards, especially the "You Peach"! So glad you found a bottom for the lid you inherited. The hanger is unique, and is that an owl finial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bird or owl is a whistle for an old tea kettle. It's cool. I haven't even tried a Ball jar in the jar lifter carrier thing- I was going to use it for a plant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one, i love that hanger. and two, i am so sorry that you are in suvival mode--such a hard place to be! praying that it would continue to get easier and sweeter as the weeks go on!

    ReplyDelete