Friday, April 12, 2013

plant friday: succulent


 Have I mentioned I do not love grocery shopping?
Koko and I shop most Friday mornings, so our hours are not spent on this task over the weekend. Trader Joe's is always our first stop. When I walk in, I feel like I am in one of our favorite small, city markets. For the moments inside, I pretend I am. We called Seattle home before we lived in AZ, and there are days I ache for our northwest city life as much as I do for the desert.

And so, walking into TJ's, welcomed by the wall of fresh-cut flowers and lovely plants and herbs, is comforting. Next time you are in your local TJ's or other favorite market, treat yourself to a cute succulent or a bouquet of tulips or daises. Either (or both!) will fit right in on your kitchen counter, and I believe
they will make your day happier.
 
- echeveria glauca, also known as hen and chickens -
- tj's tulips, vintage jar, new butcher block counter top -
 
* * * * *
in the details:
succulents tend to prefer a sandy soil mix
they like lots of indirect sun and make sure the soil drys out a bit before watering
 instead of a vase, try your fresh-cut flowers in a jar or pitcher


No comments :

Post a Comment