Tuesday, April 2, 2013

license plates

I have been struggling to get something written today.
I am feeling overwhelmed. I am procrastinating, I guess. We are getting ready to start a big construction project and it requires lots of decisions.
My mind is racing with ideas for this project, as well as other house projects.
Does this ever happen to you-  you have all this stuff that needs to get done and all kinds of stuff you want to do, but you find yourself at a standstill? That was me yesterday. This is me today.

* * * * *

Sitting here writing though, I think I figured something out.
I had to give up my AZ license plates last week, and I am sad. Those plates made me feel like we were on an extended vacation and could go back anytime. They kept me from blending in. I want to be involved and make great friendships here, and you know, these things are thankfully already happening.
I want to fit in in the new city, but I don't want to blend in.
 

 

p.s.  in the old house, i often listen to The Avett Brothers station on pandora. this fact may seem unrelated,
but it is entirely related.

* * * * *

No comments :

Post a Comment