Tuesday, April 16, 2013

last week

My dear readers, thank you for being patient with my unplanned days off last week.
On Tuesday, I got a text from my Dad- on my way to your place. I knew he was on a road trip to check on their new house, but this was unexpected. I panicked at first, thinking the old house was not clean enough for him. Maybe you remember he had a bone marrow transplant a few months ago, and with a transplant comes many restrictions regarding germs, kids, dust, pets. The old house has all of that.

Dad is not as concerned about germs as I am. Perhaps, I am too worried about it, but I used the
few hours I had to tidy up the place. Dad is doing great nine weeks post-transplant. I feel like I need to pinch myself just to make sure he's really okay. He made cookies and played Legos with the boys. He watched E's swim practice and stayed with Koko when I took the kids to school. He even warmed up the car and
walked Truman on another one of our frustratingly cold mornings.

- after school cookies and E's homemade volcano -

Sometimes, one day with family, one day of help, even with the little things,
is enough to recharge for weeks.

* * * * *
in the details:
do you want more information about multiple myeloma - click here, here, here




No comments :

Post a Comment