Tuesday, February 19, 2013

untitled

It snowed all day.
I got a how to use the snowblower lesson from my Dad, similar to the how to use the lawn mower lesson
I got as a kid. Dad is not allowed to do this task, but I think I did okay pushing it around.

There are so many restrictions after a bone marrow transplant.
The immune system is stripped down to nothing. All childhood vaccinations have to be repeated.
No crowds, no being around children, heavy dietary restrictions, if you have to be out in public you must wear
a mask. No dusting, mowing, washing cars, cooking, driving, exercising (except walking).
It is a forced break from your life. Maybe not your life, but your routine.

This is a break from my routine, too.
It has been nice to just sit- nice to just sit with my Dad. We rarely have this opportunity.
Usually when I am here, it is a holiday and the house is busy and loud.
My age was six the last time I was the only child in the house.
Things happen in life. People change and grow, but I still feel like a kid when I come home.

- this desert rat had on a few layers -

No comments :

Post a Comment