Monday, February 18, 2013

weekend drive

Do you ever get to your destination and you cannot remember getting there?
I had that moment for the first time in our new city. I guess that means I am becoming more familiar with our new routine. Or I am tired and preoccupied. Perhaps it's both.

Do you ever look at the car next to you and wonder where they are going?
They are probably in the midst of their routine, too,
but maybe they are going somewhere different today. Maybe that person in the car next to you is going to the doctor to get the results of the tests they had last week. Maybe they are on their way to the airport and
will spend the next week in Disneyland.
Maybe they are going to a job they hate. Maybe they will have a baby today.
Maybe they don't know where they are going.

My destination on Sunday was my parents' house.
My Dad is in the hospital; he had a bone marrow transplant last week. Today I had another drive-
96 miles over to the hospital. I will be spending the night on one of those pull-out chair beds that hubby had to sleep on each time I went into the hospital to have one of our children.
Tomorrow I will turn around and drive the 96 miles back to my parents' house, with my Dad.

- view from the hospital room just before discharge -



No comments :

Post a Comment