Monday, February 25, 2013

catch-up

I missed a few posts last week.
As you know, I was hanging out with my Dad. Post-transplant has been better than expected. At the follow-up appointment, the doctors were pleased with the blood test results. That meant the PICC line could be removed. I cringed, but watched the very thin, 16-inch (or so) long tube slide out of his upper arm.
It must have been the best feeling ever when that PICC line was finally out.

Almost seven months have passed since my Dad was diagnosed with multiple myeloma-
the same number of months since we left AZ.
He found out the day they were supposed to leave for our annual, summer lake vacation. We were already moved into our cabins- my brother, sister, their families, and my family. My aunties, uncles, cousins, grandparents, too. The news was sad, but only briefly. What a blessing that we were all together.

My Dad and Mom have been informed, open and positive from day one. The tests, appointments and treatment moved along quickly. You do what you have to do and then it is seven months later. Amazing how medicine and the human body can work together. Amazing what a person can do.


- endeavor to persevere - Dad says that -

* * * * * 


1 comment :

  1. Can't say enough about the care your dad received at the University of Micigan Hospitals Bone Marrow Transplant Unit.

    ReplyDelete