Tuesday, February 5, 2013

blue sky and built-in beds

I woke up today to a brilliantly blue sky.
Hubby stayed home this morning, so we had coffee and I got to go for a mid-morning run.
It was a refreshing 50-degree day.
When I sat down with the laptop, I read through my last few posts. Even though I am still overwhelmingly sad living in our new city, I am trying to spend time doing what I love. Quality time with the kids and hubby, making yummy meals and treats, running, reading and working on the old house.

I spent the afternoon in the kitchen. It's therapy sometimes. I made chocolate chip cookies for the guys working upstairs. My shy four-year-old tip-toed up the steps and set the plate on the floor of his bedroom doorway.
I made my Grandma S's pork chops for dinner and lemon bars for dessert. Everything was delicious,
and my kitchen time and the blue sky was equally satisfying and delightful.

- made with my AZ lemons -

* * * * *

We took a break from house projects last week.
It was nice and needed, but I wish a couple of our projects were done already! Good news though-
today, the woodwork repair in the boys' room was completed. It looks awesome.
Originally, I had planned to keep the stained wood, which meant staining the new wood to match the old, but I think now I will paint. Seeing the unfinished pine helped me visualize how white (or maybe a lighter color) paint would look on the built-in beds, as well as brighten the room.

- before -

- after - time to paint! -
in the details:
lemon bar recipe from none other than- America's Test Kitchen

1 comment :

  1. Your lemon bars look amazing, and the dish is super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete