Thursday, February 14, 2013

hearty

I do not love February 14.
I do, however, love making my kids happy. Last night before I went to bed, I set everything out
to make coffee cake- Grandma S's recipe of course. I did not sleep well, which is not unusual for me lately, so I did not make it out of bed by 6:45. I walked straight from bed, down the steps, through the kitchen, opened the coffee jar and took a big sniff of Vienna beans. It worked, and I had enough time for baking.
It was a good morning and the coffee cake was yummy.

I spent the afternoon helping with E's friendship party at school. I like the new friendship title.
In the evening, I met a friend for coffee at my fave local coffee shop. It was nice to chat and I am thankful for her friendship. Lloyd and I did not celebrate, but he did give me a small gift with a card that said,
"happy i love my wife day."

- our hearty cake -

I never thought to decorate for February 14 until we had kids. Kids get so excited on this day.
We kept it simple with vintage cards, homemade hearty, felt garland and a little love.




in the details:
LOVE decal - found it on etsy
hearty felt garland - red felt and fine red glitter from any fabric store, twine


No comments :

Post a Comment