Monday, April 22, 2013

weekend: flea market

Our weekend was not restful, but it was fun and productive.
Hubby changed the sink and toilet in the main floor bathroom. We had family dinner with friends, and Sunday I went to a spring flea market. Too bad it does not actually feel like spring.
 Flea markets are always hit and miss, but I still find myself wanting to check them out whenever I can.
And I did find a few gems amongst the booths filled with items for the non-antiquer.

- small plaster orange for wall, may postcard with 1908 postmark, elsie the cow creamer -

The little house is my favorite purchase. You know I love littles, so I am sure you're not surprised.
I always flip stuff over and look for any markings. The markings tell you a lot- this little house is stamped "occupied Japan." Read here to learn more about occupied Japan figurines. Wondering what I will do with it? I saw it and wanted it for my terrarium.


I also scored this cute mirror for ten bucks. I plan to hang it in the upstairs landing.




* * * * *

1 comment :

  1. The "Occupied Japan" house is perfect for your terrarium! Love it! The mirror should look great in your upstairs landing! (BTW--love the square antique bronze knobs on the louvered doors of your DR built-ins!

    ReplyDelete