Wednesday, April 17, 2013

weekend: SoMo

Nobody wanted Geepa (says Koko) to go.
Luckily, we had our own road trip planned for the weekend. We met Geepa and Geema in SoMo,
where they plan to retire this year. Last time we were there, Mom and Dad were just staking out their new house. The structure is now evolving into a cute, craftsman style home.

Mom and Dad have lived in MI for many years; they moved there after I started college.
My much younger than me brother and sister moved with them. When I visited for holidays, it never felt like I was going home, if that makes any sense. Even so, MI was familiar. I thought it would feel strange to walk through the new, framed house. It is completed enough to see the rooms and imagine how furniture,
fixtures and people will fit into the spaces.

 But it didn't seem strange. In a way, we have been a part of their move and new house. My family calls this beautiful land of rolling hills, forests and streams the hollar, and when I'm there, it feels like I came home.
  

- hubby even helped dad and my uncles drywall the garage ceiling, a task for which he has experience -
 

* * * * *



No comments :

Post a Comment