Thursday, June 13, 2013

antiquing: shed sale

Is it plant Friday yet?! I am anxious to post tomorrow.
In the meantime, I have to tell you about this sale I went to with my friend a few weeks ago.
Normally, I would know about sales like this, but being new to the new city, I had no idea. When J told me about it... I mean, of course we were going!

The sale was well into the country. J even took us the gravel road route, so then we would have
the full experience. I loved it. We had our coffee and my boys were with us. The back roads reminded
me of driving to the lake that my family goes to every summer. You only find these kinds of roads in this part of the country. It was beautiful.

Many cars were already there when we pulled in to what appeared to be a little farm.
There was a red barn and many sheds, large and small. It was windy and a little cool. The buildings were perfectly rustic and full of lovely displays of vintage stuff. I say stuff only because there was a bit of everything. Lots of wooden benches, wireware (yes!), furniture, fabric, planters, windows and doors from
old houses, all kinds of containers, and some littles (smalls) and decor.

I would love to have a shed full of cute, old things. Perhaps, I will some time. For now though,
the items I purchase have a purpose and a place in the old house (yes, hubby, even my collection of items
in the basement).

- we found it! -
- inside the red barn -
 

- many gals making final purchase decisions! -

* * * * *

Here are some of my purchases-

- seating for the patio, $40/pair -
- old, painted bench, $35 -
- checkered, metal tray, $2 - time for lunch! -
- hanging, wire plant basket, $5 -
The vintage garden trowel was $2.
The mini tools, picked out by S, are for he and his sister- they use them for making fairy gardens.

* * * * *

p.s.  i still owe you pictures of my friend's back porch, and i think i should photograph her finds as well



1 comment :

  1. Lovely pics, Lori! I haven't checked your blog for some time, but see I have missed some things! This shed sale looked fun!

    ReplyDelete