Friday, June 7, 2013

plant friday

 It was a long Friday. I am sure you have these days too.
This is the first time I am sitting down today and I am exhausted. So, I would just like to share with you a few pictures. I had so much fun this week, planting the pots on the front porch. Many varieties of flowers that thrive here, would not live through summer in the desert. And so, I went a little flower crazy.

I blame this partly on my friend. She and I run on Saturday mornings, and after our run, we hit the
farmers market. Of course the cobblestone streets are filled with tables of freshly baked pastries, beautiful and crisp local produce, and flowers. Flowers. How can you pass up flowers from the local farms?
Imagine strolling through the aisles, in the glorious morning sunshine, coffee in hand (purchased, of course, from your favorite local coffee shop right there in the market). The owner of your favorite restaurant is pulling his wagon full of produce purchases for his evening's menu. Then, there are tables filled with flowers ready for you to plant in those pots on the porch.

Many purchases have been made. Luckily, my friend knows all the flowers that do well here, so I listened, asked questions and got to work. Her porch is so cute and perfect for just sitting. I will take pictures and share them with you. Thanks for the inspiration, friend.

- our farmers market flowers from last saturday -
- petunias smell so good -
- i forgot this one's name, but i will ask the gal tomorrow morning -
- this variety:  dreamsicle superbells -

* * * * *

p.s.  purchases in my market bag:  two dozen fresh brown eggs (yum), honey (for my granola),
romaine, and asparagus


1 comment :