Monday, June 3, 2013

I'm back... from Austin!

Did you think I gave up on this whole blog thing? I didn't, and I haven't.
We spent last week with my sister and her family in Austin. It was a great week and a much needed break from the new city, for all of us.

Not more than a few days after being home, I was ready to be back hanging out with my sister.
People say we look alike, sound alike and have the same mannerisms. Funny, because the last time we lived near each other, I was 19 and she was 12. Even with seven years between us, we are in the same stage of life; we have young children. And when you are going through this stage, you need family and
your dearest friends beside you.

I think this is an ongoing frustration and sadness for me. It is true that the new city brought us closer to family (road trips, not plane rides), but it is especially difficult while we continue to adjust to our new surroundings.
But today, when I am thinking that last Wednesday, sisters and cousins were walking through the Austin Zoo together, I will remember the quote, don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
My sister is an amazing Mom, and she is one of my dearest friends. And you know, it is not over,
it's until next time...

- austin zoo and animal sanctuary -

* * * * *

By the way, this is my brother-in-law. He always makes sure we have a good time.
He is a great daddy and definitely a fun uncle! Thanks A, for the boat time, yummy smoked dinners and
for just making us feel at home.


Until next time...

* * * * *

1 comment :