Thursday, July 11, 2013

pajamas and antiques

My favorite summer mornings are those spent at home in our pajamas, with no plans.
We have not had too many of those yet this season. Though our activities have been fun, it is nice to now have a few weeks of nothing. So, what do you do with your plan-less summer mornings?
Today we had breakfast out back. (Perhaps, I still need to share pictures of the finished garage, patio, backyard...) The kids and I chalked the driveway and because they were playing so nicely, I decided to spend a few minutes photographing my recent antiquing finds. Here they are!


Okay, the finds in these two pictures come from an antique mall. While antique malls are not my favorite, sometimes you can find a good deal. As you can see, I found a few!
The glasses were added to my mishmash of vintage glasses we use for everyday - under $10.
The brown, ribbed bowl and plate is McCoy - only $6!
The pots are McCoy and USA - under $10.
Vintage, last supper painting - $10.
I have a weakness for the little Christmas figurines, these are marked Japan on the bottom - $20 (but
there were three more in the set - my Mom and I split them).


* * * * *

  

The goodies in these pictures are from another shed sale- same place I told you about here.
The wooden rack is from an old church pew. It will go on the wall next to Koko's bed, for books - $3.
The piano bench needs a little work, but is perfect for the upstairs landing - $10.
You can probably tell, I also have a weakness for small, framed stuff - all pictured here were under $10.
I have a smallish collection of baby and children's items as well - elephant tin $1.
Apple crate - $4.
Vintage, local advertising tray - $5.


* * * * *

Have any questions about my finds? Please ask and happy antiquing!



No comments :

Post a Comment