Friday, July 5, 2013

plant friday: moss rose

I am not sure why, but I never planted moss rose in AZ.
Funny, because I think it would thrive there. The moss rose is durable; it will suffer through blistering,
full-sun heat and still present beautiful and vibrant flowers. I grabbed several multi-colored packs and filled
a few clay pots on the front porch. They do not disappoint and can be purchased in many, many colors.



Moss rose does well in the ground, too. I am always looking for ideas when I walk and run in the old neighborhood, and I see a lot of it planted in beds. It will fill-out and spread, but I see evidence of bunnies snacking on the leaves. There are ways to prevent this, but after all my planting this season, I decided that from now on (she says until next spring), I will only plant perennials in the ground. Annuals in pots.

* * * * *

1 comment :

  1. Great, great pic of your front porch with the moss roses! Love the red! I agree about planting annuals in pots unless you know for sure the critters won't bother them in the ground.

    ReplyDelete