Friday, May 3, 2013

plant friday: may day

May Day was a big deal when I was a kid.
I remember Mom helping me fill tiny baskets with popcorn and treats. We left them on the porches of our
neighbors and friends, pushed the doorbell and ran! I think in some cities and neighborhoods this day is a big deal and others, not so much. It was not something we ever did in AZ, but I learned this week that it is a big deal here. After school, the doorbell at the old house rang several times.

That brings me to plant Friday- were you wondering where I was going with all this?
S brought home from school, fresh and cute baskets from his buddies. One Mom and her son planted impatiens in those biodegradable pots that many starter plants come in now in your local nurseries. Follow the directions, but basically you just tear off the bottom of the pot, loosen the roots as you normally would and plant it. I have done this with my pepper plants every year. I could go on now about gardens, but for now
I will just ask:  do you have a garden this year? What's in it?

- if/when it warms up, we will move this guy outside -

Enjoy your weekend, dear readers, and Happy May Day!

* * * * *


1 comment :

  1. So glad May baskets are traditional there! I loved doing those with you when you were little!

    ReplyDelete