Friday, May 17, 2013

plant friday: orchid

- phalaenopsis or moth orchid-

The friends we had over for dinner last weekend brought yummy cupcakes for dessert and
this lovely orchid. This is my first orchid. I think I have always been intimidated by them. So, I do not have much advice to give you, personally, regarding orchid care. I will say though, like most house plants, water only as needed. I really believe if you over care for your house plants, they are not likely to do well.

And, do a little research. I did and I can tell you that this guy is one of the most common orchids.
In fact, I am pretty sure this guy came from Trader Joe's! Another reason to love TJ's! Click here for further information on orchid care and varieties.

Rick and Kate, thank you!

* * * * *

1 comment :

  1. Beautiful! I have always been intimidated by them too, but have always wanted to try one!

    ReplyDelete