Friday, January 17, 2014

master bedroom: progress

Remember last year when I told you we were going to focus on the master bedroom? Ha.
Sadly, it was not "our next project". Today, though, I am happy to report that we made progress!
I had our Seattle poster framed, and I finally hung a few of my finds on the wall. These finds have been in my closet for a year now, waiting for me to hang them up. I recently found an old record cabinet,
and it looks great as hubby's nightstand.

We also purchased a dresser. Yep, hubby spent the last few months sans dresser, digging for clothes
in piles stacked up on a chair. Forgot about that chair. In fact, now that it's been uncovered, I'm not sure
I like it anymore. Alas, my ten dollar wicker seat will have to do, because on our list, new bedding,
area rug and nightstand (for me) outrank new chair.

The current bedding I do NOT like; we've had it for years. There will be no more flowers.
We are purchasing a white duvet, stripe sheets and kilim pillows (check them out on etsy). We need a bed skirt too. As for the rug, well, area rugs are tricky. There are so many choices, even if you use price/ color/style filters. We have one picked out, I just need to click the place order button.

Here is the same view of the master bedroom from last February and then from today:

- only five months after we moved into the old house -
- flowers, yuck - picture all white with fun pillows -

I feel excited about the progress, even though it is slow. Hopefully I will have we're done photos to
post for you in the next few months.

* * * * *

- very old church bench, $15 garage sale -
- where hubby and i met and used to live -
- cast iron horse is one from a pair - my friend, kerry, has the other -
- new, clean, simple, white dresser -
  
 * * * * * 

in the details:
Seattle poster purchased from Ork Posters - check them out
dresser is from IKEA

No comments :

Post a Comment