Monday, January 13, 2014

sunday antique fair

My friend, J, and I went to a local antique fair yesterday.
I love antique fairs, sales and cute stores full of all things vintage. You readers know this, of course.
It was nice yesterday to stroll through the aisles, imagining what we might do with the 595 dollar, perfectly worn farmhouse table. Or, all the cute littles (a few of which made it home with me).
We also got caught up on the everyday life of the past week. I am so thankful for Sunday antiquing.

- my vintage finds - wooden letters, valentines, wood-handle bottle opener, bottle brush tree, ornaments -
- vintage ornament (eyed first by J) - most likely from west germany, mid-century -

 * * * * * 
 
I purchased the little pictured below back in December. Also a trip with my friend, J, we took an hour
and popped over to a couple antique shops just a few blocks away. This little girl was sitting on a shelf in a
glass display cabinet. I saw her, hesitated for awhile, but finally asked to have the case opened.
Once in my hand, she had to come home with me.

- cast iron toy, only 1.5 inches tall - rare and likely early 1900's -

* * * * * 


No comments :

Post a Comment